Download the current
Certification Process - Registered Level
Booklet here. (Updated 9-4-14)
Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) offers three levels of certification for therapeutic riding instructors: Registered, Advanced and Master. PATH Intl. also offers instructor certification in the specialty disciplines of driving and interactive vaulting. Driving instructors may become certified as Level I, Level II or Level III. Those teaching vaulting also have the opportunity to obtain vaulting instructor certification, and PATH Intl. Registered Level instructor certification is a prerequisite for this particular discipline.
The first step to becoming an instructor is to obtain experience working with individuals with disabilities at a PATH Intl. Center. Many instructors get their start by volunteering at centers as side-walkers or leaders. Becoming involved with a PATH Intl. Center is a great way to learn about therapeutic riding and whether or not to pursue certification.
In order to become certified at any level one first needs to become a PATH Intl. member by submitting a membership application to the PATH Intl. office.
Learn more about certification:
- Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning
- PATH Intl. College and University Members Offering EAAT
- Recognition of Instructor Certification Credentials from Other Therapeutic Riding Associations Application Booklet
- Registered Therapist Program
- Mentor Training Workshop
- Finding A PATH Intl. Mentor
- Am I ready for Instructor Certification?
- Hosting A PATH Intl. workshop and/or certification
- Certified Instructor Membership Renewal Information
- New Procedure regarding Instructor in Training (IT) Letter
- Riding Discipline Bias? Not in PATH Intl.'s Riding Certification Test
- PATH Intl.'s Video Re-submission Process