More than 7,000 individuals with a commitment to professionalism, safety and ethical practices in the equine-assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) industry welcome all like-minded individuals to the membership association providing leading-edge resources, educational materials and industry standards.
Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl.) offers a wealth of member benefits for all professionals, students and individuals with a passion for what we do:
- PATH Intl.’s Standards for Certification and Accreditation – the voluntary standards used by the entire industry demonstrating safety, professionalism and ethical practices. Every member can download free and/or buy at a discount a copy of the annual edition.
- Local and regional networking opportunities through PATH Intl.’s international network of region and state organizations.
- The National Conference and Annual Meeting provides premier education, networking and continuing education.
- 10 regional conferences enable networking with local people in the industry and entrée to educational opportunities presented by professionals in your surrounding area.
- Strides – the association’s quarterly magazine featuring the profession’s thought-leaders presenting useful and leading edge articles on everything from technical insights to heartfelt anecdotes.
- PATH Intl. News – the twice monthly electronic newsletter with all the latest happenings in the association and industry.
- Consumer awareness of the profession, PATH Intl. centers and instructors.
- Opportunity to post job openings; access to job postings.
- Access to registration scholarships to PATH Intl.’s national conference and to some regional conferences.
- Relationships with others in the industry including American Hippotherapy Association, Inc. (AHA), American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA), American Paint Horse Association (APHA) and others.
- Resourceful and helpful national staff, including a member services team prepared to help members with their questions and needs.
- Volunteer leadership opportunities at the national, regional and state level.
- Online learning opportunities including the Center Accreditation Training (CAT), the instructor self-study and test and the volunteer training course.
- Advocacy on behalf of the profession through communication with public official communication in proposed legislative topics.
- Logo merchandise that showcases your commitment to the organization that works on its members’ behalf.
- Educational material to help those new to the industry as well as those working on professional development.
- Annual volunteer leadership awards.
- First time attendee and new member welcome at PATH Intl.’s national conference.
- Access to product and service providers that offer discounted rates and special programs to PATH Intl. members.
- On-going conversations on issues affecting well-being of EAAT participants.
For those individuals who have achieved their instructor certification or seek to become a PATH Intl. instructor:
- Serve as a mentor; contact a mentor. 25 hours of teaching must be conducted with a PATH Intl. certified instructor as part of the preparation to become certified. PATH Intl.’s mentor training ensures that mentors have the skills and confidence needed to bring along new instructors in the field.
- Step-by-step application booklets that outline exactly what prospects must know and demonstrate in order to become a PATH Intl. registered certified instructor, advanced instructor, master instructor, vaulting instructor, driving instructor I, driving instructor II.
- Online learning opportunities including the Center Accreditation Training (CAT) and instructor self-study and test.
- Best practices shared in an online community targeted to instructors.
JOIN PATH Intl. TODAY through PATH Intl.’s online store!
– or –
PRINT A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND MAIL IT TO PATH Intl. TODAY
For all programs offering equine assisted activities and therapies to more than 40,000 participants PATH Intl. center memberships offer:
- Access to the Foundation Directory Online, the premier resource for researching potential grants from more than 98,000 grantmakers, assisting centers with program and operational sustainability.
- One free PATH Intl. Therapeutic Riding Instructor Certification application fee per year. Be sure to take advantage of this benefit to encourage individuals affiliated with your center to gain their instructor certification.
- Online learning opportunities including the Center Accreditation Training (CAT and the volunteer training course.
- PATH Intl.’s disaster relief fund to support centers during catastrophic natural disasters.
- Public relations support for renewing PATH Intl. center members.
- Two CD-Rom copies of the PATH Intl. Standards for Certification and Accreditation so your center has an onsite reference to the standards for the industry.
- Three copies of each issue of Strides for distribution and sharing among your center staff, volunteers and participants.
- Access to the administrator’s online community where best practices are shared by both those experienced in and new to the industry.
- Connections to insurance companies that underwrite PATH Intl. center programs, including some that offer discounts if PATH Intl. standards are met.
- Access to the sample forms included in the PATH Intl. Standards for Certification and Accreditation (Standards Manual) in a format that can be manipulated for your center’s needs. Incorporate your center’s logo and contact information in PATH Intl.’s sample forms. [link to centers only section]
- Annual international, national and regional awards recognizing the profession’s finest – centers nominate these amazing people and equines each year for recognition at PATH Intl.’s popular annual awards banquet at the national conference.
- Opportunity to promote your PATH Intl. center using PATH Intl.’s brand and logo – the best recognized brand in the EAAT industry.
- Centers offering programs to active military and veterans can promote their military and veterans program using PATH Intl. Equine Services for Heroes.
- Access to benefits from PATH Intl. partners like Palaestra, AQHA, Purina and Professionals Choice.
- Plan to have your volunteers and participants join you at PATH Intl.’s national conference and annual meeting. Up to five non-member individuals from your center can join you at the member rate.
- PATH Intl. supports its members efforts at securing grants by supplying a letter of support for grant applications when requested.
For those centers that have achieved Premier Accredited Center member status or seek to become part of the Premier Accredited program:
- A well-researched and proven accreditation process.
- Opportunities to present PATH Intl. workshops and certifications generating income for host centers and bringing people in to the profession.
- For each Premier Accredited Center, with three paid registrations for PATH Intl.’s annual conference and annual meeting, a fourth registration is free.
- Building relationships through media connections facilitated by PATH Intl. staff.
- Candidate consideration for receipt of The American Gypsy Horse Angel Foundation Gypsy horse donated annually to a PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center. This foundation is part of the American Gypsy Horse Breed Association.
- Consideration by Wounded Warrior Project for scholarship grants for placement of its alumni through PATH International Equine Services for Heroes.
- Use of what is becoming one of the most recognized logos in the industry representing high quality, safety and professionalism – the PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Center logo.
- A plaque for placement at your center that identifies the program as a Premier Accredited Center program – meeting the highest standards in the industry.
- Public relations support for newly accredited reaccredited PATH Intl. Premier Accredited Centers
JOIN PATH Intl. TODAY through the PATH Intl. online store!
– or –
PRINT A MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND MAIL IT TO PATH Intl. TODAY