Director of Membership, Programs & Credentialing Position
Director of Membership, Programs & Credentialing
The Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International is an internationally recognized credentialing association working within the therapeutic horsemanship industry to promote safety and the highest standards for credentialed professionals and centers. Annually, PATH Intl. centers and instructors work with over 54,000 children and adults challenged with mental, physical and cognitive disabilities. Services offered can include therapeutic horsemanship, driving, vaulting, hippotherapy and psychotherapy.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Membership, Programs & Credentialing is responsible for operational excellence of the programs and membership departments in mission delivery as well as the development and launch of the PATH Intl. Credentialing Council, and the modification and operation of the certification and accreditation activities. The person in this role will lead and manage a comprehensive array of services; all program and membership planning, organization, operation and staffing, as well as the development and management of the membership and program aspects of the annual budget. The Director of Membership, Programs, and Credentialing serves as a member of the management team, participating in all strategic, organizational decisions.
• Program Department:
o Oversee the program department
o Work on major direct service and program grants, including writing, monitoring, and reporting.
o Ensure education is delivered via conferences (except for region conferences) and online. In addition to oversight of all aspects of the International Conference, this also includes virtual conferences, online certificate programs, workshops, and webinars.
o Ensure the PATH Intl. Standards for Certification and Accreditation program meets objectives.
• Membership Department:
o Oversee the membership department
o Identify and assess membership value and develop new programs as needed
o Manage an association quality assurance program
o Oversee compliance of membership requirements of Path Intl. centers, instructors
o Ensure quality customer service to customers, members and stakeholders
o Develop and implement performance measures that will provide the association with data to demonstrate its value to its customers, members, and stakeholders.
• Credentialing Council
o Oversee the evolution of the certification and accreditation programs into a comprehensive Credentialing Council
o Create and launch a Credentialing Council to manage all certifications and accreditation programs.
o Develop a project plan that includes budget, and timelines to submit an NCCA application for accreditation of the Registered Level Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor
o Direct the development of all processes, policies, procedures and materials for PATH Intl. certification and accreditation programs
• Oversee and ensure excellence in membership, program, and credentialing delivery for all stakeholders.
• Ensure that all program, membership, and credentialing activities operate consistently and ethically within the mission and values of PATH International.
• Review services offered on an ongoing basis and assist with analysis to develop and execute new programs as needs emerge and in conjunction with the strategic plan.
• With the CEO and staff, provide input for all strategic planning processes; successfully reach pertinent goals within timeline.
• Assess options for market growth, revenue and establish pricing strategies.
• Develop a highly motivated and engaged staff.
• Improve effectiveness and efficiency of operations
• Prepare an annual operational program, membership, and credentialing budget; manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
• Work with information technology specialists to keep the association in the forefront of technology
• Write, manage, and prepare reports for grants that support membership, programs, or credentialing
• Work with other department teams to ensure aspects of the organization run smoothly and staff members are working cohesively as a team.
• Assist with other PATH International operations, events and activities as needed
• Represent PATH Intl. to membership and outside organizations as necessary.
• Proven experience developing successful business strategies to manage growth, create policies that support business development and create systems that support successful and smooth running of daily operations.
• Proven experience in managing and/or growing credentialing programs (certification and accreditation). Understand standards from NCCA, ANSI, or other similar bodies.
• An understanding of and demonstrated ability in systems, strategic and analytical thinking.
• Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners and volunteers, and partnering with a CEO and Board of Trustees.
• Ability to operate with minimal supervision with considerable latitude for independent judgment and actions in day-to-day operations.
• Excellent organizational skills with high attention-to-detail and ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional people management and team building skills including a demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and train management level employees.
• Excellent computer skills (MS software, spreadsheets, databases).
Education and Experience:
Undergraduate degree required. Master's degree preferred in business, education, marketing or nonprofit management. Minimum 5 years’ experience is necessary in membership recruitment, development and retention, preferably with an association. Familiarity with national membership and accreditation program practices a must have. A CAE is a plus. Experience with the therapeutic horsemanship industry a plus.
Via email –
Send cover letter and resume to:
Please indicate job title in subject line.
Via regular mail –
Send cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Kandis Branum, HR Specialist
PO Box 33150
Denver, CO 80233